How to Download Your Instagram Data and Delete Your Account
Instagram keeps a copy of everything you have ever shared on the platform. It’s easy to download a copy of that information, so we’re going to show you how. There are two main reasons you might want to do this: first, it’s worth viewing what sort of private data is stored on Instagram’s servers.
Suppose you want to take all your Instagram data, delete your account, and save it somewhere safe and accessible. How do you do that? It’s simple.
You don’t have to delete your account to acquire a downloadable archive of your Instagram information. However, you do want to retain the archives to know the exact information Instagram has on your social activity. Either way, it’s nice to have the option to see all your data in one organized place and to delete your account if you decide to end your Instagram relationship.
Next, it’s useful if you want to take all of your data and move to another platform.
I downloaded my Instagram archive and found out that Instagram has access to all phone contacts — including their names and email addresses– even if they don’t use Instagram themselves. It also has a copy of:
- My Instagram profile information.
- Everything I have searched on Instagram.
- Everyone I followed.
- Every post I have ever liked.
- Direct messages I have sent to people.
- Every video I have ever posted.
- Every picture I’ve ever posted.
- Every story I have ever shared.
The Instagram archive doesn’t hold any information about ads you’ve viewed or associated with, or what sorts of ad niche it think you might be interested in. Instagram must have this information somewhere, but it’s not included in this file.
How to download your data on Instagram?
You can download your archive and find what Instagram still knows about you. Here’s how:
- Go to Instagram.com and select profile
- From your settings, click on “privacy and security.”
- Scroll down to “Data Download” and tap “Request Download.”
- enter your email to receive the download link and verify the request by entering your Instagram password.
- While Instagram states it can take up to 48 hours, I received my download link in less than thirty minutes.
The information comes through as a zip file with pictures, stories, and videos folders. other information like messages, profiles, searches, and settings are saved in text format that you can initiate with a notepad on a PC.
How to delete your data on Instagram
If you don’t require Instagram to have this information, you can remove it all by deleting your entire account permanently. If you don’t want to do that, you can try temporarily disabling your account.
- Go to Instagram’s “delete your account page.”
- Select a reason for why you need to delete your information.
- then click “Permanently delete my account.”
- That’s it. Now you’ve discovered how to download a copy of all of your Instagram data and, if you need, how to delete it.
Please check out our previous blog about "Social media marketing tips that every marketer should know".
Do not forget to try all of our services to grow your Instagram faster.
#Instagram #Buyorganiclikes #buy_instagram_likes #buy_Instagram_followers #Instagram_real_Services #buy_instagram_comments #buy_YouTube_likes #stormlike #buy-buy-instagram-views buy Instagram likes buy Instagram followers buy Instagram boost packages Real Engagement #Instagram_Organic_Likes Instagram-direct-message Best Website for Instagram #stormlike